Sponsored by McCarter & English
Monday, May 6, 2020
Disruptive Technologists discussion on the challenges and opportunities that emerging tech has for age, race, gender, income, and its ability to further education and inclusion. This webinar goes into the following areas of discussion:
- The definition of cultural diversity spans far wider than ethnicity where technology is concerned.
- Generational culture has a definite impact on the use of technology in the workplace. Within each generation are habits, norms & preferences. How do those habits affect education?.
- How do racial and socioeconomic differences affect education technology usage? Is the primary reason racial differences are a factor where technology in the workplace is concerned due to what is called the “digital divide.”
- How does gender play a role in the use of technology?
- And even bigger – does diversity, inclusion, and education even matter in the face of a pandemic?
- Does a virus this big and this scary discriminate? Should we care?
Other things to discuss: Disrupting the traditional model of education (for instance, Arnell Milhouse has developed a system to educate students in tech, at no upfront cost – he is paid based on their future revenue). How emerging tech can help seniors and people with disabilities. How tech and education can thwart CyberSecurity challenges.
MEET THE PANELISTS
- Moy Ogilvie, McCarter & English
- Lindsay Sorin, Xandr/AT&T
- Ginger Dhaliwal, Upflex (AirBnBs for Workspace)
- Arnell Milhouse – CareerDevs Computer Science Institute
- Jasmine Greenaway, Senior Cloud Advocate, Microsoft
FIRESIDE CHAT PANELISTS
- Joanna Gilberti, Archemy (AI)
- Julian Newman, Culture Creative
- Andrew Vo, Founder, Aidos
- Tameka Vasquez, AVP, Global Marketing Lead, Genpact
- Esther Dyson, Executive Founder, Wellville & Investor Extraordinaire incl. Square
Microsoft Reactor Host & MC: Sep DiMeglio, User-Experience & Accessibility Developer Consultant, Microsoft
Moderator: Oliver Christie: Futurist: Founder, Foxy Machine; Co-Founder, Moven AI; Data Science Head, Opus AI
Fireside Chat Moderator: Bruce Epstein, Knowledge Transfer Wizard – leveraging critical info through AI.
Interactive Videographers & Directors: Jeffrey Paul & Steve Durham from Ziotag: advanced deep tagging.
Master of Ceremonies/Podcast Host: Dania Hammad: Dose of Dania