Fireside Chat: Wednesday, January 27, 2021 6pm to 7pm
Listen to the Q&A from our original Democracy and Technology Webinar with our great panel of disruptors. Make sure to catch the conversation with our panelists prior to the discussion.
- Richard Hill, Founder & CEO, VoteOurVoice
- Micah Sifry, Co-founder & President, Civic Hall
- Jess Riegel, Founder, Motivote & Social Innovation Fellow, StartingBloc
- Bruce Bachenheimer, Clinical Professor & Director Entrepreneur Lab, Pace University
- Tristan Louis, Serial Entrepreneur & published thought leader on digital innovation.
Webinar: Wednesday, January 13, 2021 6pm to 7pm
Full Discussion Outline:
I. Democracy and Tech – How data and technology can help improve democracy
A. What technology innovations can improve the way we engage in our democracy?
B. Voting machine
C. Online voting and apps
1. How do we ensure the integrity of online voting?
2. Does innovation make voting more or less inclusive?
D. How are politicians using tech to influence us?
A. Is it enough to register people to vote?
B. Do voter registration organizations have an agenda?
C. Alternatives to down-ballot voting
A. What data is collected and how is it protected?
B. What data is sold to politicians?
C. Using data vs emotion to make voting decisions
1. How can data assist in voting?
2. How do we get people to change the way they think about voting?
3. Will people use data if it conflicts with what they want to do emotionally?
D. Why is political performance data important?
IV. Politician accountability
A. Data transparency – facts vs fake data/voting information.
B. What role can tech play in helping people understand what news/information is credible?
V. Educating voters
A. Differences between informed voters vs down-ballot voters
B. How does our democracy operate now, and how can we improve it to be more efficient and inclusive?
C. State and local issues and elections have the greatest effect on the lives of people, however, most people do not understand the impact
D. How are people of color affected greater than the majority population?
E. What is the process for helping people understand the power of improving how democracy works?
VI. Democracy and activism
A. What influence has activism had on how democracy is changing?
B. How does uninformed voting hurt society?
A. How can we get more people engaged in their democracy?
B. Who are the most loyal voters and why?
1. David Sorin, Partner & Chair, Venture Capital & Emerging Growth Companies Practice, McCarter & English, Chairman, Disruptive Technologist
2. Richard Hill, Founder & CEO, VoteOurVoice
3. Micah Sifry, Co-founder & President, Civic Hall
4. Jess Riegel, Founder, Movtivote & Social Innovation Fellow, StartingBloc
5. Bruce Bachenheimer, Clinical Professor & Director Entrepreneur Lab, Pace University
Moderator: Oliver Christie, Futurist & AI Expert
MC: Sep DiMeglio, Premier Developer Consultant, Microsoft
Interactive Videographer: Jeffrey Paul, Ziotag: advanced deep-tagging.
A Fireside Chat will follow one week later in January. Please send in your questions beforehand directly to the organizer on the Meetup page above or to Info@DisruptiveTechnologists.com
- EXTRA Special Thanks to our Disruptive Technologists® Think Tank Council & Events Sponsor-Partner: McCarter & English and David Sorin, Partner & Chair – Venture Capital & Emerging Growth Company Practices
- Microsoft Reactor #MSFTReactor
- Hint Water
- Bernie Leone
- Scott Moss
Be sure to subscribe to the Disruptive Technologists YouTube Channel to get all the latest Disruptive Techies Webinars & Podcasts!