Disruptive Technologists Community Values and Guiding Principles:
1) Aspirational: We are in this together. We want to improve the world through Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain, and this requires a team effort.
2) Inspired: We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
3) Entrepreneurial: We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things and we challenge convention.
4) Authentic: We are genuine to our, mission and values of inspiring, guiding, advising, teaching, changing and creating. We are honest and as transparent.
5) Tenacious: We never settle. We get things DONE, and we get it done well.
Grateful: We are grateful for each other, our members, our community. We don’t take success for granted.
6) Leadership: We plan to assume a leadership role with respect to issues and policies of global concern to the international Artificial Intelligence and Blockchain communities.
David J. Sorin
Dave Sorin is an office managing partner of McCarter & English and Co-Chair of the Venture Capital & Emerging Growth Companies practice. He focuses primarily on privately- and publicly-owned startup, early stage, emerging growth, and middle market technology, tech-enabled and life science enterprises, as well as the investors, executives, and boards of directors who support and lead them. He has been recognized as one of New Jersey’s top 100 business people, categorizing him within an “elite group” of executives who “are the voices of their industries.” He was later identified by another industry publication as one of the region’s “top deal makers” Chambers USA, an international guide to lawyers and law firms, called Dave the State’s top corporate lawyer. Most recently, SmartCEO Magazine named McCarter the large law firm of the year in the tech and tech-enabled industry sector and named Dave the leading lawyer in the industry. In addition, Dave Sorin received the Star Influencer Award at SmartCEO’s Centers of Influence Event.
Partner of BDO USA, LLP performs audits of public and private companies and assists them with the financial and operational aspects of their business. Kevin has industry expertise in life sciences, private equity activities, SEC/public companies, tech, manufacturing, professional services, and financial services. He is also a regular on Bloomberg Radio and NBC.
Lori is a well-known “go-to” advisor in the New York City venture community. As a lawyer and mentor, she advises entrepreneurs and their investors on how to build successful businesses and strategically guide them through the emerging, later stages and exits of their companies. She works with clients in a range of industries, including mobile, biotechnology, artificial intelligence, e-commerce, enterprise solutions and ad tech. She also counsels angel and institutional investors in their investments and in the formation of investment funds. She is a co-founder of IMG Labs, a new innovation incubator set to launch in Union Square in early 2015.
Michael Donovan, Donovan/Green
Donovan/Green invents, innovates and executes strategic solutions with the express purpose of value creation for clients. D/G’s ability to focus problem-solving skills with creative thinking and design disciplines has produced a library for a President of the United States as well as one of the most successful retail destinations in America, American Girl Place. D/G shapes content to create brand experiences and business solutions, regardless of channel, technology or media environment. Donovan/Green developed a creative incubator that has launched three new businesses the latest is Outer Places, where science meets science fiction.